Jakarta is one of the most amazing cities in the world and one can say that it's a cultural melting pot of Asia, a city that never sleeps, with vibrant nightlife, great shopping areas, and a lot of entertainment venues for the tourists to enjoy. With Malindo Holidays complete packages, you can discover the capital city of Indonesia on your next vacation, and allow yourself to be amazed by its beauty and energy.
Must See Attractions of Jakarta
- The National Monument (MONAS) is the most important landmark of the city, located right in the center of Jakarta. Expect to encounter some long entrance queues, so plan accordingly. Inside, there is an attractive display of dioramas related to the Indonesian history and its struggle for independence, but the biggest attraction is the panoramic view of the city.
- Istiqlal Mosque is located very close to MONAS, so you may want to stop by during the same visit. It's a huge monument, the biggest mosque in South-East Asia - over 100,000 people can fit it at the same time.
- Ancol Dream Park offers a wide range of activities, various sports for which you can rent equipment there, but also a beautiful aquarium, which is guaranteed to be a smash hit with children. However, don't expect much from the surrounding beaches - just like all the beaches of Jakarta, they're severely polluted and not suitable for sunbathing or swimming.
- Kota Tua is the old town of Jakarta, and it maintains to this day a charming, colonial, Dutch architecture and organization. It's a favorite with the tourists, and you can spend a lovely afternoon walking the streets and having a bite to eat from one of the many street vendors.
- Various small and charming museums can be found everywhere in Jakarta. You may not want to plan a visit to all of them, but, if you happen to pass by their front door, it's worth stepping inside - for a small fee, you'll discover a lot of interesting items in museums such as the one dedicated to Ceramic and Fine Art, or the National Archives, or the Bank Museum - and even the museum of the Fish Market.
- The Cathedral is the seat for the bishop, and a beautiful old gothic building in the Dutch colonial style. Its sheer majesty is an invitation to meditation and peacefulness.